Nowadays, more and more people are starting to can their own food. One of the main reasons is probably the unhealthy food we buy in grocery stores. Whether it is GMO or just food treated with all kinds of pesticides, it is not good for us or for our children. This is why canning is a great thing that helps us to eat healthier and to know what we eat. With a pressure canner, we can use fruits and vegetables from our yard through the whole year.
The another great feature pressure canner has to offer is saving money. It sure sounds great that living a healthy life will cost you less. There really is no downside to this product and everyone would benefit from having one of these at home. Not only would you eat healthier and save money, you would also have food supplies at all times and no matter what happens.
Types of Pressure Canner
Listed below are three types of pressure canners that you can find on the market. We’ve highlighted the most important features of every one of them to help you make the decision to which type would be the best type of pressure canner to match your needs.
The first thing we have to tell you about this model is that it has to be checked regularly to make sure it is accurate. Even though it can be annoying, dial gauge has its upsides, which makes it a frequently used type of gauge. It indicates pressure inside the canner and is more flexible with height adjustment. If you want to use a pressure canner that has a dial gauge the important thing to know is that you can increase or decrease pressure by adjusting burner heat. It is also good to mention that this type of gauge has a vent port whose main purpose is to release pressure or hold it in. it is usually done by using a removable counterweight.
All American 921 21-1/2-Quart Pressure Cooker/Canner
All American 921 is a quality made kitchen appliance that combines pressure cooking and canning. It is a great thing to have at home if you want to minimize the cooking time because pressure cooker makes cooking time about 70% shorter. It is also great if you want to eat healthier because you are able to can your own food which means you will know every ingredient in that jar. A great thing about this appliance is that you get two appliances in one which means you spend less money than you would spend buying two separate machines and it doesn’t occupy as much space as two of them would.
Features of All American 921 21-1/2-Quart Pressure Cooker/Canner
A great thing about this appliance is that you get two appliances in one which means you spend less money than you would spend buying two separate machines and it doesn’t occupy as much space as two of them would.
- Capacity: This is a 21.5-quart pressure cooker/ canner which means it can fit 19-pint jars or 7-quart jars which mean it is pretty spacious. It is big enough to cook or can for a lot of people but it can still be stored in every kitchen, even a smaller one.
- Weight: It weighs around 20 pounds. This is probably the biggest downside because its weight makes it harder to move around. But this isn’t necessarily a bad thing because its weight is a proof of its sturdy construction. A lot of people say that this actually makes them feel safer than they feel with some lighter models.
- Material: This appliance is made of hand-cast aluminum with the attractive satin finish. Well, the satin finish really looks attractive and elegant. Hand-cast aluminum is overall a great choice for its durability and is proven to last for generations.
- Size: It is 15-3/8 inches high with 12-1/4-inch inside diameter. I would say it is medium sized and it is the ideal size for the majority of people. This appliance also comes in smaller and bigger models but I personally consider this one the best choice because if you take a smaller one you will never be able to cook bigger amounts of food and if you take bigger one you will probably never use its full capacity.
Advantages of All American 921 21-1/2-Quart Pressure Cooker/Canner
This appliance will most definitely make your life a bit easier and healthier. It will help you have more time to spent out of the kitchen and the food you make in this pot will be tasty and healthy.
- Maintaining: The thing that made me happiest is that this appliance needs zero maintenance. It is a great quality because a lot of pressure cooker need regular check-ups which are time but also money consuming. This way the price of the appliance itself is the only thing you’ll have to spend.
- Eating healthy: I think that this is an amazing feature. A lot of us are trying to eat healthier but often turn to less healthy food because it simply tastes better. Well, this product makes all food taste divine and you don’t need to use as much oil as in some other pots which mean this magical appliance will also make you look better
- Price: Given the facts that this appliance is really durable and doesn’t need regular check-ups I would say that it is really affordable. I know it’s not cheap but you should take into consideration that this is an appliance that will last for generations and you won’t have any additional costs with it.
In conclusion, I would say that this appliance has far more advantages than disadvantages and I would recommend it to everyone. I can’t single out the thing a liked the most about it but on that list, there would most definitely be durability, no need for maintenance, affordable price, and others. Also, if this kind of thing is important to you I would like to highlight that it is made in the USA. I personally like this and it probably made me trust this appliance a little bit more even before I got it.
A weighted gauge is a small weight that is put on a vent port to control internal pressure. The great thing about weighted gauge is that it doesn’t require being checked for accuracy and this is a big advantage. On the other hand, people who live at altitudes above sea level could experience some problems with this type of gauge. On these altitudes weighted gauge operates on higher pressure then it would have to in some lower areas.
Presto 01781 23-Quart Pressure Canner and Cooker
Presto 01781 23-Quart Pressure Canner and Cooker is an amazing appliance that serves as both a cooker and a canner. The great thing is that it costs less than you would pay to buy two separate appliances and it takes the space of only one. It will amaze you how tasty the food cooked in this cooker is and you’ll be much healthier canning your own food rather than eating food from cans bought in a supermarket. In these busy and hectic times, we need an appliance which will give us more time to relax. Since it reduces the cooking time up to 70%, you will have more time to get your mind off work.
Features of Presto 01781 23-Quart Pressure Canner and Cooker
This great product has many amazing features. We are going to list some of them here in order to depict in more detail this amazing cooker/canner.
- Material: Presto 01781 23-Quart Pressure Canner and Cooker is made out of aluminum which is a great conductor of heat and will help cook your food perfectly. Aluminum I also a very light material so it adds no additional weight to the appliance.
- Spacious: it has a liquid capacity of 23 quarts, that is approximately 22 liters which are, quite frankly, a lot. So, if you have a big family or like to cook a week in advance, or perhaps, you are planning on canning a lot of jam or pickles for the winter, this product is perfect for you. Of course, you do not have to cook such huge amounts of food; you can just as easily cook two liters of soup in it.
- Easy to clean: thanks to the material used, this product is particularly easy to clean. You might want to use a non-abrasive cleaner to maintain the shiny surface. We recommend a metal polish.
- Tough: the aluminum used for this appliance is tough and sturdy, it is a heavier type of aluminum and it is very quick to heat up. You will save a lot of time cooking your food in this great cooker.
Advantages of Presto 01781 23-Quart Pressure Canner and Cooker
This product will keep you healthy and happy. By consuming less time to cook your meals, it will give you more time to relax and get your mind off work, which is very important and, might we also say, necessary in these tumultuous and busy times. Extra free time can relieve a lot of built up stress and also prevent stress from accumulating in the future. Let’s see some of the greatest advantages of Presto 01781 23-Quart Pressure Canner and Cooker.
- Healthy: Food cooked in a pressure cooker has about 50% more vitamins and minerals than the food cooked in a regular way. There are also more nutrients, a better taste, and more natural colors. You don’t have to use any fats, such as oils or butter, so you will eat fewer calories altogether. All in all, you’ll feel better and you’ll be healthier.
- Extra large: its liquid capacity of 23 quarts is perfect for great amounts of food, but you can cook smaller portions in it just as easily and efficiently.
- 12-year warranty: Presto gives you a 12 year extended warranty for this product, and that means something. A company gives a 12-year warranty only for products that are tested, and that really work well and are durable.
- Versatile: it comes with a booklet with 50 recipes that we are sure you will love. You can use this appliance to cook stews, soups, risottos, meat, fish and even desserts, so your menu will be very rich and flavorful and you will never get bored, even if you use it to prepare every single meal.
Presto 01781 23-Quart Pressure Canner and Cooker is an amazing product and we highly recommend it because of its versatile usage and amazing features. The best thing is that you get a cooker and a canner for the price much less than you would pay for two separate appliances and in the same time it takes up very little space in your kitchen. It is very simple and safe to use and it gives you a nutritionally rich food and keeps you healthy while saving you a lot of time. Who wouldn’t want that?
There is also a third option on the market- dual gauge. It is a combination of dial and weighted gauge. People say that they prefer having both gauges because it makes them feel more secure and it is easier for them to use a pressure canner if it has both of these options. Some pressure canners come with both options but there are also models on the market that have only dial gauge but it is possible to pay a little extra and to get weights also.
Fagor Duo 10-Quart Pressure Cooker/Canner
Fagor Duo 10-Quart Pressure Cooker/Canner is a great appliance that combines cooking and canning in the most amazing way- one appliance that can do both cooking and canning at a price much lower than you would pay buying both and it occupies the space of only one. Who wouldn’t want to spend almost 70% less time cooking and eat healthier? It would be great to know all the ingredients of a can, and with this cooker/canner, you can do all of that.
Features of Fagor Duo 10-Quart Pressure Cooker/Canner
This kitchen appliance possesses many amazing features. We are going to list some of them here in order to give you a closer picture of this great cooker/canner.
- Material: this amazing appliance is made of recycled 18/10 stainless steel, so not only are you saving the environment by using a product made out of recycled materials, but you are also buying a sturdy and durable product. Let’s face it, 18/10 stainless steel is one of the best and most durable materials in kitchen appliance industry and you can be sure it will never let you down.
- Adaptable: Fagor Duo 10-Quart Pressure Cooker/Canner works on all cooking surfaces (gas, electric, ceramic and even induction). This is a great feature because you needn’t worry that your new appliance might not work on your cooking surface. You can rest assured that no matter which type of cooking surface you may have, this amazing product will not fail you.
- Fast: Fagor Duo 10-Quart Pressure Cooker/Canner reduces cooking time by 70 % which leaves you a lot of extra time to relax after work and it becomes your best friend when you come home from the gym, hungry as a wolf, and all you can think about is lunch. You can cook a risotto for about 6 minutes or a chicken soup in 20 minutes. Isn’t that amazing?
- Weight: it weighs about 10,65 pounds which are a low weight for this type of cooker/canner. It has everything you need and your muscles won’t hurt while lifting it.
- 10-year warranty: Fagor gives you a 10-year warranty for this product. This is a great addition to this appliance’s excellence. A warranty is always good to have. You never know what might happen, even though the chances of it breaking are minimum since we are talking about Fagor’s top 10 product.
Advantages of Fagor Duo 10-Quart Pressure Cooker/Canner
If you want to eat healthier and, consequently, feel better, we highly recommend this product. It will make your life better in many ways. First of all, you will stop spending so much time in the kitchen and you will have more time to relax, and the most important thing is that you’ll be happier and healthier by eating healthier food and relaxing more. Let’s see some of the advantages this product has:
- Healthy: When you cook food in a pressure cooker, up to 50 % more vitamins and minerals stay in the food when compared to regular cooking. There are also more nutrients, a better taste, and more natural colors. You will be amazed at how healthier you will feel eating food prepared in this amazing appliance. Another great thing is that you don’t have to use oil or butter, so you’ll definitely eat fewer fats.
- Energy efficient: in addition to the recycled materials used for this product, Fagor Duo 10-Quart Pressure Cooker/Canner is also energy efficient. Let’s think about it- by using less time to cook something we also use less energy. If you’re not convinced yet, let’s see it the other way: your bills will be much lower.
- Easy to use: you simply put the ingredients in the cooker, lock the lid, choose the pressure and cook. Later just open the lid and voila: the dinner is served.
- Versatile: you can cook almost anything in this cooker. It comes with a recipe book which will come in handy if you ever run out of ideas, which is highly unlikely since you can cook pasta, risotto, soups, stews, vegetables, meat, fish and even desserts.
All in all, this is an amazing product which will meet all your requirements. We tested it for a couple of weeks and we have never felt healthier and also happier. We had a lot more time and the food we ate tasted great. Fagor Duo 10-Quart Pressure Cooker/Canner is one of the best cookers/canners we have ever tried and we have tried quite a few. Try it out yourself, you will not regret it.
What to Look for in a Good Pressure Canner
A pressure canner is a great product but we would like to highlight some features you should look for so that you would find the best pressure canner for you. Take some time and get all the information you need before buying one. After all, this is the kind of product that lasts for a long period of time, so you should first read the advice listed below. This way you will make a good decision that you won’t regret later on.
- Size: pressure canners come in different sizes. We recommend you to choose the one that best suits your needs. If you have a big family or you just eat a lot of canned food, you should think about buying a bigger model, but if you live alone or with one person or you just don’t eat a lot of canned food, a smaller model would be just fine for you. The sizes are usually listed by quarts but we advise you to read how many jars is it so you would get a more accurate idea of its size.
- No gaskets: Some pressure canners have gaskets. The problem with gaskets is that if they get loose, canner can’t operate normally. Also, if you are using your canner for a longer period of time, it will come to that moment when you will have to replace the gaskets. This is why we advise you to buy a newer model that doesn’t have them.
- Over-pressure release: You’ve probably heard some stories about catastrophic accidents that have happened with a pressure cooker or pressure canner. Maybe it is even a reason you haven’t bought it yet. You can stop worrying because the majority of newer models have the automatic over-pressure release option. This means that when the pressure starts to build up excessively, a small lid will automatically fly open and release the pressure.
- Price: Price is usually the first thing we want to know about the product because we are constantly on a budget and trying to spend less. If you really don’t want to spend a bit more money, it is okay and there are some fine models on the market that are really inexpensive. However, we would like to emphasize that this is a kind of product that pays off. You will save so much money on food with this product that it will pay off itself. This is why we recommend you to buy a better model that will last for a longer period of time
All in all, a pressure canner is a great product that will make you save money, eat healthier and have food supplies at all times. We hope this article has helped you find out what features you have to focus on when looking for the finest pressure canner for you. We advise you to handle it responsibly because safety comes first and even though this product is really safe to use, you can never be too careful.