Potatoes are staple food in many countries. They provide our bodies with a handful of nutrients if cooked in the right way. However, most people turn a blind eye to these beneficial vegetables because they think they will add weight. But this is a misconception. Potatoes can be a good way of losing weight. For instance, chilled cooked potatoes have resistant starch which aids in weight loss. Potatoes are also gifted with plant chemicals that help in maintaining healthy blood pressure.
Since potatoes have many nutritional benefits, eating potato salads makes a healthy diet for an individual. The potato salad is a good breakfast meal. It is also healthy to snack on whenever hunger pangs set in. Besides, the invention of pressure cookers has enhanced preparation of delicious potato salads. This article gives tips on how to ensure a potato salad is just perfect using a good pressure cooker.
- Water - 1 1/2 cups
- Eggs - 4
- Peeled and diced potatoes - 6
- Mayonnaise - 1 cup
- Finely chopped fresh parsley - 2 tablespoons
- Mustard - 1 tablespoon
- Pepper and salt
- Place the steamer basket in the pressure cooking pot. Proceed to put enough water.
- Add the eggs and diced potatoes in the steamer basket. Correctly place the locking lid on the pressure cooker to enhance the cooking process. Choose the high pressure option to initiate generation of steam.
- Steam the eggs and diced potatoes for about 3 minutes. If the potatoes are large in size steam for utmost 4-5 minutes. This is necessary to make the potatoes tender and ensure the eggs are well cooked. After the 5 minutes elapse, use the quick pressure release method to eliminate the pressure inside the pressure cooker.
- Allow cooling of the eggs and the diced potatoes for several minutes before adding them to the mayonnaise mixture.
- Use a separate container to mix the onions, mayonnaise, parsley, and mustard. Proceed to add potatoes while slowly mixing the mayonnaise mixture.
- Remove the hard outer shell of the eggs and add them to the potato salad.
- Add a little salt and pepper to season.
- Before serving the potato salad, allow it to chill for not less than an hour.
- To achieve more consistency, extra mayonnaise can be added to the potato salad.
A pressure cooker is a sure way to prepare a potato salad and incorporate it with other meals such as burgers or meat during meal time. As shown in this article, it hardly takes much of your time. With the right ingredients and integration of a systematic cooking procedure, the final outcome of the potato salad will just be right.