Best Tiger Rice Cooker Reviews
Japan Tiger Corporation had similar beginnings to the Zojirushi Company. Both started in Osaka, manufacturing primarily vacuum bottles and even though Zojirushi had an early start, it was too long before the Japan Tiger Corporation was producing quality products that were intended to help people cope with day to day kitchen and cooking obligations. It was founded in 1923 and today their US affiliate, called Japan Tiger Corporation of USA is the main manufacturer of Tiger rice cookers.
The company really hit it big with rice cookers, mainly because they offer premier Japanese quality at a more affordable price point than their main competitor, Zojirushi. From a quality point of view, the difference between the two is negligible, but a Tiger rice cooker will cost anywhere in between $ 20 - $ 40 less than the same model from any other Japanese manufacturer. Even though these cookers are manufactured in America, the company adheres to strict standards of manufacture that make Japanese technology, and particularly kitchen appliances, the best in the world.
The Best Tiger Rice Cookers
Types of Tiger Rice Cookers
Tiger Corporation sells three distinct products when it comes to rice cooker technology.
- Conventional electric Tiger rice cookers are hassle-free cookers that are best for users who do not frequently cook rice, but want to be able to make it quickly, conveniently, and excellently every single time! They are simple to use, on-off type of appliances that will not give you a headache when it comes to pre-settings and timers.
- Micom Tiger rice cooker is the smarty pants in the bunch. This type of cooker uses a microcomputer to make subtle calculations when preparing your rice. They first came up with the so-called fuzzy logics technology that enables the microcomputer to make slight changes during cooking that depend on internal and external factors, such as the rice used, relative humidity, and historical data and so on. Needless to say, the rice comes out perfectly cooked each and every time!
- Induction heat Tiger rice cookers are special in a certain way. Tiger Corporation was the first in the industry to come out with an IH cooker that uses a ceramic inner pot. Other manufacturers use non-stick Teflon coated aluminum pots that can start releasing compounds into the food, and are not very popular with people who are careful about what they eat. Ceramic pots are perfectly safe, and in extension make the Tiger IH rice cooker perfectly safe and the food prepared in it perfectly healthy.
Tiger rice cookers are extremely easy to clean, even those that use ceramic inner pots. Simply rinse them out with water and dry out after use. This is in part thanks to the fact that the rice gets perfectly cooked; it doesn’t clump and is, therefore, easy to take out of the pot.
Why Should You Consider Buying a Tiger Rice Cooker?
- Japanese technology – When it comes to kitchenware and appliances, you can't go wrong with anything originating in Japan. The country is a technological giant, and Tiger Corporation has been in the business for quite some time. They develop cutting edge rice cooker technology, so if you are looking for the best, they are definitely the ones to turn to.
- Versatility – Rice cookers can be used to cook more than rice, particularly these made by the Tiger Corporation. Thanks to the great heating system they use you can confidently prepare rice, veggies, and meat in them, and be completely certain that everything will come out cooked to perfection!
- Affordability – If you are looking for a great rice cooker, but are unwilling to dish out unreasonable amounts of money for it, chances are you will be able to find what you are looking for right here with Tiger Corporation. All their cookers are high-quality products, yet they managed to keep the price relatively low, winning over a large portion of the market in the process!